POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little progress on the hand grenade : Re: A little progress on the hand grenade Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little progress on the hand grenade
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 5 May 2010 10:20:01
Message: <web.4be17e34113fead1cba3fb0f0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Wow!  That 'spoon' or handle is...amazing. It very nicely matches the 'stamped
> metal' shape of the real thing. Some intricate modeling there! Congrats.
>
> Ken

Hey, thanks! This has been a really fun project. The scene is almost done after
over five months of work. I guess I'm pretty slow. There's just a little more
texturing to do and some work on the body of the grenade, then as soon as the
radiosity feature in version 3.7 is fully operational I can render the final.
I'm pretty sure now I'll use the M61 grenade body instead of the Mk2. Although
the Mk2 would be fun to model for some other scene.

Regards,
Dave Blandston